DELFOSSE VINEYARDS & WINERY
Experience the Bucolic Beauty of the Virginia Countryside
Uniquely situated in a secluded valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, DelFosse Vineyards and Winery offers serene elegance and intimate charm in an idyllic setting. The winery in Faber is a short distance from Charlottesville, just a brief 30-minute drive. Owners Adrienne and Mike Albers invite you to visit and explore this scenic location where you will experience the solitude of the Virginia countryside. The rural setting is unique, hugged between the hills, but with elevation that ensures both rich wines and spectacular views.
The winery site is classically elegant, yet informal. There are opportunities to relax and picnic by the lake or take a hike or bike ride along the five and a half miles of trails. Take a tour of the terraced vineyards and historic buildings. Enjoy a tasting of award-winning wines in the Tasting Room or on the Lawn. Whatever your pleasure, the bucolic setting and the wines of DelFosse Vineyards & Winery promise an experience that will bring you back time after time. Wine dinners, food and wine pairings, BBQs, concerts and the very popular French Crepe days are among special events that draw visitors to DelFosse year round.
The perfect venue for special events, both large and intimate, DelFosse is a popular choice for weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, anniversaries, birthdays and holiday parties, among others. Choose the setting for your event from the Log Cabin overlooking terraced vineyards, the Lakeside Lawn, the Pavilion on the Plaza and the Vineyard Deck. The experienced staff will coordinate with your individual needs to ensure total success for every occasion.
Established in 2000 in the Monticello AVA wine region, DelFosse Vineyards and Winery covers 330 acres.The European-styled terraced terrain provides unique wine-growing conditions, and the team of viticulturists and winemakers approach the challenges of the terrain with creativity, experience and passion. There are eleven varietals planted including Chardonnay, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc, Petit Manseng, Pinot Gris, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot and Chambourcin. Most are aged in French oak barrels, though the Viognier and Petit Manseng are aged in stainless steel to preserve the aromatic flavors of the grape.
Also on the property are a functional spring for the bottling of spring water and historically preserved buildings. Treat yourself to an overnight or weekend at the 100+ year old Historic Chestnut Log Cabin, a peaceful respite overlooking the lake. The Cabin, initially used as the winery tasting room, was completely restored in 2005 with all the modern amenities.
DelFosse Vineyards and Winery is a wine lover’s favorite. Whatever your pleasure, the bucolic setting and award-winning wines promise a memorable experience! We invite you to visit.
DelFosse Vineyards and Winery
500 DelFosse Winery Lane
4649 Old Roberts Mountain Road (GPS)
Faber, VA 22938
DelFosse Nicoise Salad
1/3 cup Delfosse wine vinegar
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 grilled or otherwise cooked tuna steaks* (8 oz each) or 2-3 cans of tuna
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered lengthwise
1 1/4 lb fingerling potatoes
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 medium heads romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
3 small ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
1/4 cup Niçoise olives
*Marinate tuna steaks in a little olive oil for an hour. Heat large skillet on medium high heat, or place on a hot grill. Cook steaks 2 to 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- In a jar, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, and mustard. Cover with lid and shake until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place onion slices in small bowl and sprinkle with 3 Tbsp of the Vinaigrette. (Onions soaking in the Vinaigrette will help take some of the bite out.)
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Add 1 Tbsp of salt. Heat on high to bring to a boil. Lower heat to maintain a simmer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain. While potatoes are still warm, cut into halves or quarters, depending on size of the potatoes. Place in a bowl and dress with about 1/4 cup of the Vinaigrette.
- While potatoes are cooking, fill a medium sized pot halfway with water, and add 2 tsp of salt. Bring to boil on high heat. Add green beans to the boiling water. Cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 3-5 minutes. Drain and either rinse with cold water to stop the cooking, or shock for half a minute in ice water.
- Arrange bed of lettuce on serving platter. Cut tuna into 1/2-inch thick slices. Mound tuna in center of the bed of lettuce. Sprinkle the tomatoes and onions around the tuna. Arrange the potatoes and green beans in mounds at edge of the lettuce.
- Arrange hard boiled eggs and olives in mounds on the lettuce bed. Drizzle everything with the remaining Vinaigrette.
Serve immediately. Should be served slightly warm or at room temperature.