Top 5 Recent Social Media Stats
In keeping with the current social media advice theme of the past few months, I want to share some recent statistics from the gurus over at HubSpot. After all, it is only through performance statistics that we can discover if our campaigns are truly working.
1) 92% of marketers agreed that social media is important for their businesses. The same percentage of marketers also agreed that social media has generated more exposure for their clients.
2) 72% of marketers are using social media to develop loyal fans.
3) More than half of marketers who’ve been using social media for at least three years report it has helped them improve sales.
4) 74% of marketers who spend 40+ hours using social media per week earn new business through their efforts.
5) 95% of marketers who use social media at least 6 hours per week indicated their social media efforts increased exposure for their businesses.
Well there you have it; the proof is in the pudding. Social media efforts must be consistent, long-term marketing campaigns that are designed to help businesses reach new, loyal consumers.
Written by: Laura P. Parker
Laura P. Parker is a full-time freelance writer and marketing guru. For more marketing tips or consultation advice please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.laurapparker.com.
Note: Thanks to HubSpot for publishing their latest findings. Check out www.hubspot.com for more social media marketing statistics.